- Dr Mat Trinca, Director National Museum of Australia, ASAG co-chair
- Mr Douglas Gautier AM CEO and Artistic Director, Adelaide Festival Centre
- Ms Claire Spencer, CEO, Arts Centre Melbourne
- Professor Sue Street, AO, Executive Director, QUT Precinct, Queensland University of Technology
The aim of ASAG is to enhance cultural relations between Singapore and Australia by promoting sustainable artistic and cultural activities.
The Australian Government has announced an additional $100,000 towards the cultural exchange, bringing its commitment to almost $1 million.
The new initiatives will allow Australian audiences to experience international arts and cultural activities and provide professional development opportunities for Australian artists in Singapore.
This includes projects in performing arts, literature, visual arts, culture, screen, heritage and collections.
This meeting supports Australia’s commitment to the Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Fields of Arts and Culture between the Government of Australia and the Government of the Republic of Singapore that was signed on 29 June 2015 in Singapore.
Article sourced from arts.gov.au.
- Hearing aid retailers fined $2.5 million for misleading pensioners
- Drug driving and speeding in Croxton East
- Man steals tools from Chadstone worksite
- Police investigate Flemington armed robbery
- New $1.4M sports pavilion complete at Arthur Beachley Reserve
- Labor Delivers Strong Economy, Budget Surpluses